Wednesday, March 2, 2011

After Aspartame It Can't Possibly Get Any Worse...Right?


http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/02/08/neotame-receives-fda-approval-but-is-not-widely-used-yet.aspx
"Splenda" by Sonny Abesamis
 I came across this article, click or die, describing an artifical sweetner derived from aspartame and appears to actually be worse than aspartame, called neotame. And this "lovely" bit of science was brought to you by....you guessed it...Monsanto. They took an already toxic chemical and made it even worse by adding 3-dimethylbutyl which is listed in the EPA's most hazardous chemical list. Not only is neotame more toxic, it is more stable at higher temperatures allowing it to be used in more products. Monsanto also refuses to fund testing to fin out if neotame is safe. Neotame is a chemical that Monsanto won't even try to prove is safe, is that the type of product you want in your body? I know I don't.
~Organic or Die 

1 comment:

  1. Good article. The only problem is that a pop-up appears and won't let you click out of it. I had to read the article 2 lines at a time. However, I DID read it, and I hate these sweeteners. I've been working on cutting those from my diet for a while, and don't even use Splenda anymore, which I thought was "fine." Bleh. We're being poisoned, all because we have to have everything we want...

    ReplyDelete